WELCOME TO THE UNDERWORLD !

Monday, January 17, 2011

Desecresy - Arches of Entropy (2010)



1. In the beginning 
2. Manifestation 
3. Parthogenesis II 
4. Path of the Descendent
5. The Final Realm 
6. The Harbinger
7. Ritual Ruins 
8. Falling Kingdom
9. Artilect
10. Through Eternity

Origin - Finland
Style - Death Metal

" Ex- Slugathor (R.I.P.) members get back in with this debut full length "

" First thing you notice is the production...Sorta lo-fi...Which turned me off at first!.....Then I let it play and all of a sudden..I realised I am headbanging and really digging it !
Its more heavy than lo-fi and the production suits me just fine !.....As it should be...Heavy,Weighty(Same thing right?)..... "

" These guys know their roots in Finnish history and pay homage to the classic bands Abhorrence,Convulse,Demigod etc. There is quite a bit of melodic guitars used to offset the mid-tempo Death Metal and really give it that old feel "

You know what you are getting into here.....Cool old style Death Metal done with a REAL sounding production and organic instruments.....Fans of the bands above and all D.M. done the old way....Check this out !

Go Ahead !.......Get It!
Its here...And There...

2 comments:

  1. This is a great album! Jari from Torture Killer sent me a copy last month and I've been listening to it ever since! Along with the old school Finnish influences, there is also a heavy dose of Bolt Thrower and Six Feet Under...and the doomy atmospheric melodic parts bring the early works of Katatonia and Paradise Lost to mind. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently listening to this but have yet to really have a chance to form an opinion. Gotta say though that finding out a band I love is gone blows massive chunks. Slugathor kick all kinds of ass, no cheek left spared. At least they left behind a good catalogue they can be proud of.

    ReplyDelete