WELCOME TO THE UNDERWORLD !

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Marionette - Spite (2008)


1. Parasite
2. Legion
3. Release
4. Flies
5. Closed Doors
6. Burn Me
7. In Spite
8. To Make Men
9. Dead Boy And Girls
10. This Pain That We Refuse
11. Black Hand
12. This Is The End

Origin - Sweden
Genre - Melodic Death Metal


" Inspired by the japanese visual-kei scene and the Gothenburg metal scene...these youngsters have created quite a stir amongst fans and critics. As a loooooong time metalhead I would look at these guys and think...emo..makeup,hairstyle,clothes...uh.. not my cup of tea."

" But I am a music listener...so I listened to this album and have come to this conclusion: Never Judge A Book By Its Cover!
Here we have some melodic death mixed with thrash tempo and black metal shrieks throughout.There are some quite catchy tunes here and some light keyboards to give it some atmosphere. The songs are aggressive and there are some very good guitar leads, memorable melodies & tons of enthusiasm "


" I think that Marionette should be given some credit for trying to do something new...Although I am not sure if the visual thing will catch on. But then again..who knows? Just give it a listen and decide for your self "


Saber Marionette!.......Get It!

4 comments:

  1. What a piece of sh*t!!
    What's this? An Angry EMO?? WTF!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys suck! They look Emo sure but Flies, release, parasite are fuckin metal!! Most songs are actually. Great band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These guys sound pretty good. I was supposed to see them yesterday as a support act for the japanese Girugämesh (no, I don't listen to japanese crap, It's just my job) but they cancelled. I was very dissapointed because their music is pretty good, and they must be very energetic live. Like mentioned before, don't judge the book by it's cover, give it a listen and then make up your mind.

    ReplyDelete